Monday, November 15, 2010

Gears wearing thin

I've decided that I'm losing motivation, and not paying too strict of attention to how I'm doing. While I'm all for being laidback and not obsessive on this journey, I'm now realizing the important of celebrating the little victories along the way. I've been thinking about getting myself running gear, but I've also been putting it off because I keep telling myself I can run in my normal sneakers, in my yoga pants, layers of shirts, etc etc. The result? The past week has SUCKED for my running. I'm starting to hate it, and I know that deep down inside I actually like it.

So first of all: no running inside unless it's pouring rain outside. Running inside is boring and totally demoralizing. I need me some scenery, even if it's just my little old neighborhood.

Second: I need to "earn" my gear.
I've lost 10 pounds so far (and hopefully don't see a gain at today's weigh in),

So let's see:

12 lbs: Running socks. These need to cover my ankle because when my yoga pants ride up, my ankles get cold. Which leads me to...

15 lbs: Running pants, preferably tights. I need them to be snug on my body so that they don't ride up while I run. I've seen some on Nike and on UnderArmour, so it'll really be a matter of finding a place to try them on and comparing prices.

18 lbs: Running Gloves. I've read that it's important to find ones that wick moisture away from sweaty palms.

20 lbs: RUNNING SNEAKERS. I know, I know, I've mentioned this before, but have kept putting it off. Once I reach 20 (which will be my 10%!) I'll go and get fitted. I know that I'll need to bring my current sneakers and my orthotics to really explain the extend of my problem with my feet.


I'll reevaluate after I get to the 20 lb mark. By then, if I'm losing inches the same way I have for the first 10 pounds, I'll need to go shopping for a pair of work pants AND in my closet for some of the older jeans I put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment