Wednesday, September 29, 2010

But my couch is just so inviting...

Yesterday was my first day of Couch to 5K. It wasn't completely impossible to do a minute of running, and a minute and a half of walking. The hardest part was definitely the mental weight of this whole enterprise. The entire time my mind went on a little rollercoaster of positivity and negativity.

I can totally do this!
Oh my god, how will I ever build up the stamina and strength necessary to run long distances?
This feels great!
My legs hurt.
I can only imagine how my legs will look after I tackle this whole challenge.
I want buffalo wings.

Ugh. I've realized that the only way for me to tackle this is so just NOT THINK ABOUT IT. If I don't think about it and just do it, it'll become natural to push myself beyond fatigue and laziness and run....right?

Yeah, let's go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment